Professor of Economics
- 1961-68, Kooperativa Förbundet, Swedish Cooperative Union and Wholesale Society, Stockholm, comprising a four year assignment in New Delhi as Director of the International Cooperative Alliance Education Center for South and East Asia.
- 1972-75, Chief Economist CIPEC, the Intergovernmental Council of Copper Exporting Countries, Paris.
- 1989-2000, Director SNS Energy, a Research Institute for the Study of International Energy Markets, Stockholm.
- 2001-2003, Senior Research Fellow, SNS, Stockholm.
Selected significant consultancies:
- Commonwealth Secretariat (1981)
- Marathon Oil Company (1998-99)
- McKinsey & Co (2013)
- Niger government (1981)
- Papua New Guinea government (1974-77)
- Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, IVA (2008)
- Swedish Agency for International Economic Cooperation BITS (1991)
- Swedish National Board for Technical Development, STU (1978-79)
- UN, New York (1977 and 1985)
- UNCTAD (1977, 1979, 1983, 1985 and 2006)
- UNIDO (1978)
- US AID through Nathan Associates in Jakarta (2012).
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation (1979)
- World Bank and IFC (1976, 1980, 1985, 1986-87, 1991-92, 1994, 1997-99 and 2008).
- World Steel Association (2012).
Between 1970 and 2005 regular OP ED author, columnist and book reviewer in Dagens Nyheter, Dagens Industri and Svenska Dagbladet, all three leading Swedish daily newspapers.
- Between 1991 and 2011 Board Member of Swedish Company Vattenfall Fuel (uranium and nuclear fuel trade).
- Regular columnist over long periods of time in Dagens Nyheter, Dagens Industri and Svenska Dagbladet, all three leading Swedish daily newspapers.
- Board member of Swedish company Vattenfall Nuclear Fuel (uranium and nuclear fuel trade), (1991-2011).
- Member of Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences